Branding is IMPERATIVE —If I am your customer (Casting director, Writer, Director or Producer), I need to know how to cast you in 30 seconds and with the speed of the world right now you MUST BE CLEAR, DIRECT and BRIEF. People need what they need when they need it so if you are standing firmly in your brand YOU WILL WORK!!! When I start with a client I always start with the Brand/Platform conversation and I ask all of our clients to answer the below questions–give it shot and GET YOUR BRAND ON!!!
HOW TO BRAND YOURSELF:
STEP #1 Brand Adjectives
- Think of your ideal role. Then, either on your own or with a group of people, brainstorm a list of adjectives that describe you and the kinds of roles you want to book. For example: Ditsy. Smart. Sexy. Goofy. Ballsy. Sultry. Sweet. Tough. Lazy. Grumpy. Earnest. Evil. Write them down.
STEP #2 BRAND RESEARCH
- Watch TV. What character can you see yourself playing and why? Find the actors who are already booking the parts you want. This applies to theatre, commercial and film. Choose up to five character types you know with certainty are perfect for you. Don’t try to be everything to everybody.
STEP #3 ACTOR Comparisons
- Notice the actors who are getting similar parts right now to determine what the market wants. Who is your competition? Watch what they wear, what other kinds of characters they’ve played, and write down as many adjectives as you can think of to describe these characters.
STEP #4 Your BRAND History
- Ask yourself, “What role did I play when I really knocked it out of the park? What roles do I see myself playing or could have seen myself play?” Maybe there was someone in a movie where you thought, “That’s my part!” In other words, what role could you walk right out of your house and book? If you saw a role in the breakdowns, which one would inspire you to say, “Oh, that’s my role!”
A few more bonus STEPS:
- Go shopping.
- Get some clothes to fit the look of your brand.
- Stick to the roles for which you are most suited and dress for that role at auditions.
- Get a graphic designer to design a logo or color scheme that’s just right for you.
- Then go be the “you” you’ve created
Still want to get more branding ON?? That is what we are doing at our 5th Annual SUMMER GAMES we are taking you from Brand to Pitch(to actual industry guests) get your tickets fast http://www.theaftgames.com