15 Positive Affirmations for Actors
Danielle had been interested in acting for years. When she began going on auditions, she struggled. She’d often think, “No one is going to hire me. I’m just going to fail.”
These thoughts quickly became self-fulfilling. The more Danielle thought that she would fail, the more she did. To overcome this problem, Danielle began working with acting coach.
Her coach explained that thoughts are your mental soundtrack and they can shape your perception of the world for better or for worse. To help Danielle, her coach recommended she pick one positive affirmation every week to focus on.
Like Danielle, your outlook can make the difference between sitting on the couch or getting acting roles that are the perfect fit for you! Here are a few positive affirmations for actors that can help you create a new mental soundtrack…
Embrace These Positive Thoughts
- I create my own opportunities.
- Each audition hones my skills.
- I take responsibility for my career by reaching out to casting directors and doing drop-offs.
- Acting is a business and I take it seriously.
- I am the brand.
- Amazing roles are waiting for me.
- Each day, I reach out to casting directors, producers and writers.
- I choose to stretch outside of my comfort zone.
- Failure is only a temporary setback.
- I embrace success and welcome it.
- Acting is my passion and I do it daily.
- I support my fellow actors.
- My art inspires my audience.
- I have the power to build a wonderful career.
- I am confidently pursuing my acting dreams.
How to Use These Positive Affirmations for Actors
Now that you have a list of affirmations, you need to use them regularly if you want to experience the benefits of your new positive thoughts.
An easy way to put these thoughts into practice is to choose one each week. Say it to yourself when you get up each morning and again before bed. This sends a clear message to both your mind and the Universe that you intend to be a successful actor.
Some actors also like to repeat affirmations while they’re doing daily tasks like commuting to work, sipping their morning coffee, or meditating. It may feel odd at first, especially if you’re use to negative thoughts.
The more you focus on the career you want, the easier it will become to build it. You’ll still encounter setbacks and failures. But let your belief in yourself be so strong that it carries you through these difficult moments.
Want more acting inspiration? Join us for AFT’s annual Summer Games!
Leave a Comment