Smart actors treat their acting career like a business. But it can be hard to know if you’re hitting the mark. That’s why I created this short quiz. It’ll show you if you’re on the right track or if it’s time to adjust your course…
1. What is your job as an actor?
A: To sell my brand
B: To listen to directors
C: To share my artistic passion
2. Are you committed to improving your acting skills?
A: Yes, I’m always investing in my career.
B: Yes, but only if the price is cheap.
C: No, I’m already great at what I do.
3. How do you view your agent?
A: As a trusted member of my sales team
B: As a guide to help me navigate my career
C: As my personal marketer & brand manager
4. How many drop-offs do you manage in a week?
A: 5 or more
C: 0…that’s why I have an agent!
5. How often do you read casting calls and breakdowns?
A: Multiple times a day…I get alerts on my phone.
B: Once each day.
C: Once a week…there aren’t many opportunities for me.
6. Do you have a list of industry professionals you’re in contact with?
A: Yes, I keep records of every producer, casting director, and writer I interact with.
B: No but I know a few basic facts about most of my connections.
C: No, I’m here to make art, not form relationships!
Scroll Down to See Your Results
Mostly A’s: Selling Machine
Yep, you know it’s a business. You’re clear on the roles that fit you best and what your unique brand is. Now, you just need to put yourself out there and see what happens!
Read These Posts:
- Keep Reaching Out to Casting Directors
- How Can You Land Acting Work? Two Words: Sales Calls
- Kickstart Your Acting Career Today with These 5 Actionable Tips
Mostly B’s: Wading Into Your Acting Career
You’re beginning to understand it’s a business but you’re still fairly new to this thought and may struggle with it at times. Fortunately, I have a few posts to help you take action…
- Why You Don’t Need an Agent to Get Booked for Acting Roles
- How to Use Social Media to Land Acting Work
- 8 Ways to Get in Front of Casting Directors (No Agent Required!)
Mostly C’s: The Artist
You’re in love with the creative side of the profession. That’s good but it means you may need to pay a bit more attention to the business side of things…especially if you want to pay your bills!
Read These Posts Next:
- This One Thing Can Make or Break Your Success as an Actor
- Sara Banerjee: Six Steps to Acting Success
- 3 Actors that Changed Their Mindset in Exciting Ways
Enjoyed this quiz? Come have fun with us during the Summer Games!